Wednesday, February 18, 2015

New Interview of Jamie with Golf Digest + New/Old Picture from Alfred Dunhill Links Championship


GolfDigest - At the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship in Scotland this past October, we had a chance to talk golf with a couple of actors: Jamie Dornan, who stars in the uber-hyped movie "Fifty Shades of Grey". Dornan, 32, is from Holywood in Northern Ireland, the same hometown as world No. 1 Rory McIlroy.

GD: Who were your golf idols growing up?

Jamie: Darren Clarke was huge for me. He's from where I come from, and a few more boys from that part of the world are flying the flag now like Padraig Harrington, who I played with today, which was an absolute treat.

GD: What are some of your favorite courses?

Jamie: I play most of my golf at Wilshire Country Club in Los Angeles, but I'm now a member of Royal Belfast. We're very protective of our courses in Northern Ireland, like Royal County Down and Portrush. As links courses go, Kingsbarns is about as beautiful as it gets.

GD: Now that you've played with some tour pros, what's the biggest difference between your game and the way they play?

Jamie: I've watched a lot of big golf events, and those guys are inspirational. I was here at St. Andrews in '95 when John Daly won the Open and at Carnoustie in '99 when Jean Van de Velde was having fun in the burn there, and Paul Lawrie took it home. Their dedication—it's incredible to see up close.

GD: Would you give up acting to be a pro golfer?

Jamie: If I could play a professional golfer in a film, that would be cool. Golfers have some life, but it's similar to what we do, too. You are away a lot, and if you have a family, it's tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment