Saturday, June 28, 2014

Emmett Scanlan Talks About 'The Fall' and Jamie

*The interview was published back in April.

Entertainment.ie: The Fall was a massive hit last year, and you’ll be returning to the role for Season Two. Can you give us any hints as to what viewers can expect?

Emmett Scanlan: The Fall was another show that I knew I had to be part of. The scripts were beautiful... I didn't care what part I got I just knew I had to get a part. I wanted to help tell Allan's (Cubitt, Programme Creator) story. It came straight after Oaks and DC Glen Martin was the complete antithesis to Brendan Brady. It was a perfect next step. I’m so humbled to have been part of it, to continue to be part of it.

At the moment I'm filming the second season. 6 episodes. I think the scripts are even better than last years, which is saying something. Cubitt is a genius. And producers Julian (Stevens) and Gub (Neal) magnetic. This was never going to be a one series show. The fact it was so popular and we get to continue telling this story is a f**king blessing. There's a great atmosphere on set. After the IFTA wins and BAFTA nominations, it feels like being part of something really special. To be fair it has always felt like that.

E.ie: What is it like working with the legend that is Gillian Anderson?

ES: I'm filming all this week with Gillian. She's f**king wonderful to watch. Effortless. Experienced. She doesn't have an off day. Same can’t be said for me... I'm learning. Every day. And that’s all I can ever ask for. But I need to learn faster and there’s no better actor to learn from.

E.ie: And is Jamie Dornan really THAT handsome in real life?

ES: Is Jamie really that handsome?? What type of f**king question is that?? You asking me or Brendan Brady?? On a scale of 1 to Jamie, I give myself a 2… I blame my parents...

Jamie is a top bloke. A Man United fan, a father and is riding the wave to stardom... Richly deserved. Why? Because he takes risks... You can't lose if you take risks. Regardless of the outcome.

Via iHeartGillian

No comments:

Post a Comment